Sunday, April 13, 2008

Sheltie Babies!

I am super excited- Zelda had her puppies this morning! Francie (who is Zelda's daughter from her first litter) heard the puppies yipping and started barking, which woke me up. This was about 4 this morning. She has four beautiful puppies- two girls and two boys.

This is my first litter of puppies this year, which is a far cry from the busy year I had last year. I had already had 3 litters by this time last year, with one more litter in May. And I won't be delivering puppies while in labor myself, like I did last year. Josie had puppies, then I went to the hospital and had Sullivan. One of my Shih Tzus, Daisy, is due later this month.



Other than that, I have been working on organizing Tate's room. He broke a window and got glass embedded in his carpet, so my Dad ripped it out and Mom and Joe put down linoleum. With the number of times he has peed on the floor in his room since, I'm glad we didn't do carpet! Since I had to move everything out anyway, I'm getting things put into tubs and hopefully his room won't be quite the disaster it was! I had to take a picture of my boys yesterday- they were ready for the Nascar race.


As you can see in the background, my craft stuff is a disaster area too. I have been working on organizing this area as well, but I seem to spend a lot more time crafting than putting away crafting items. Plus I seem to buy more every time I leave the house, so I sometimes feel as though I move one step forward and about three steps back.


I finished my crocheted headwrap from Mary Jane's Stitching Room book. I made it in pink (of course) crochet thread:


I started a very pretty scarf from the magazine Interweave Crochet, called Arachne's Tears Scarf, designed by Debra Lea. I chose to crochet mine from pink (go figure) nylon thread and I have it about halfway done. Since I took the picture, I have done the beads (pink- imagine that) on that half. Once this scarf is done, it will be one of my most treasured accessories.